Monday, April 1, 2013

Reunion, BIG Change, and my Birthday

          Ever since December, I have been having problems with my last family, and I did not have the guts to say anything until March 13th when we had a reunion. I finally talked up and the directors of AFS Huancayo decided to have me change families immediately. That night I went to my house and packed up all of my stuff and stayed in the directors house (with Sirley and Amparo). I was going to stay there until I found another permanent family. I went to school and did everything normally. I was there until my birthday on Saturday, so I was pretty optimistic of what my birthday could be like. I ended up playing soccer that morning, and then in the afternoon, everyone came over to celebrate. We all talked and ate cake and had a great time. I was able to talk to everyone in my family including my twin brother.
          The cake was chocolate with chocolate icing. It was really great. On your birthday in Peru, the smash your head into the cake which therefore covers your face in icing or whipped cream (whichever you are using), but for my cake, the icing was really thick, and did not come off on my face. After the party, I had to pack up my stuff again because I was going to the other directors house to stay, it turns out that the directors with whom I was staying were headed to Lima and I could not stay alone. This was only for one night, because another family had just called and were going to host me for the remainder of the year.
          When I got to Margarita's house, her ex husband was there with some of his friends because his birthday was the next day. It was pretty cool celebrating there also. We just drank lemonade and different drinks like that. The next day, I ate breakfast, and at 4, I was ready to go to my new house which turns out to be the relatives of Claudi's host family. When I got to the house, I had already known most of them because I was there before to visit. Claudi lives with two old parents, and the sister of his old mom (or grandmother how he calls her) has a sister who with her husband are whom I am living with. My old parents or grandparents, have multiple kids. One daughter lives in the house above us with her husband and son. Her other son lives  in the house next to mine with his wife and daughter. Claudi's grandmother's daughter lives in the other house next to mine with her daughter, and  in the other house next to mine is where Laura, the German girl, and her family live, so I am around a lot of people. My family is really nice, and they even got another cake to celebrate my birthday again. They got a cake, which had the same type of icing as before so it did not come off on my face when they again put my face in the cake. After a long night, I had school in the morning, and the next week started.

No comments:

Post a Comment