Sunday, October 28, 2012

Getting ready for holloween!

          So, on Wednesday I found out that out of the 140 kids in the fourth year, I am 95. I am not very happy with this score, but I have three more tests like it to bring up my ranking. I asked a kid in my class, who is really smart and is 11th on the list, to help tutor me for the next tests, so I might get a better score. The good thing about this is that I can basically not go down and there is only room for improvement.
          The rest of the school week was pretty boring. Lucia did not go to school two days of the week, because of college stuff. Remember the exam I told you about that she took last sunday, well she passed it with a 15 out of 20, so she is able to go that college for business. Another college in Lima wants her to take an entrence exam, but that is not until December, and she only had to have a meeting this last week.
          On Thursday, we had geography and my group was supposed to present, but it turns out that we did not have time, and we will present this next thursday, which I do not know what is going to happen since I don't think we have school this thursday or friday. I drew a map of Africa for our group, and another kid in my group painted it, but he did a bad job, so yesterday I ended up making another one. I only have to paint the water. It is looking much better than his.
          Yesterday, I went to the park with the other AFS students to rent the lights and music for the halloween party. After that, Lucia, Claudi, and I went to the costume shop to look for a costume that is good. The shop got my costume in, and it is looking nice, but the pants are way too short, and we do not need the mask, because we are going to paint my face. Later, my family came and we payed for the costume and picked up fabric to make the pants, or give to a tailor to make the pants. We are going to pick up the costume on Tuesday or Wednesday morning, and I can't wait to see how everything looks together.
          This morning Kristel and her school had to march in a parade thing, so we all went to that his morning at around 10, and we just got home. We are now going to eat something small and leave to go somewhere, which I really don't know what it is. All I know is that it is far away, and sitting in a small car squished in between Lucia, Kris and Angela, is not that fun, especailly since the car seat is not that comfortable.Anyway, I am going to make the best of it, and hope it is fun.
          I believe that this week we don't have school on Thursday and Friday, and I might stay home from school on Wednesday to get my costume ready for the night. I will upload a pic of my costume when I get it all together, but right now I have to leave to go out with my family.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am amazed that you are 95! You have been in school just about two months that does everything in a language not your own! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were such a perfectionist! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well with the language and school, and it definitely sounds like you're having an easier time with it than me. I don't know how long you've had Spanish, but clearly you can speak it pretty well. Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete