Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas!!!!!!


 


          Monday, Christmas Eve, I went out with Charleys and Lucía in the morning to go get my report card, but the school did not have it ready. This got me a little upset, but I can understand that it is difficult to make up a whole new document because I am not in the program. After that, we went to buy some gifts for the family. Still, I had not purchased anything. I was able to find a gift for Lucía and Kristhel, and we would return again in the afternoon to buy the other gifts. When I got home, Mamá was preparing the turkey and the others were decorating the house. We then ate lunch and then took the turkey to a place so they can bake it because our oven is not big enough. To finish our Christmas shopping, Charleys, Lucía, and I went out again to get the rest of the presents for the family. These included a present for Papá, one of Mamá, one for the two of them, one for Angela, and one for Charleys. Then we returned just as the others were returning with the golden turkey. Next we watched TV until midnight when we all gave each other hugs and said Merry Christmas and then we turned on all the Christmas lights, put Jesus in the Nativity Display, and put the presents under the tree.Then Papá’s brother showed up with his wife and three kids. We all opened presents and ate turkey and potatoes.
          One thing that kind of annoys me about Christmas here is that the little ones get everything. Kristhel got two gifts to open up during the time that everyone else opened up one present, and then while we were eating, Kris continually went upstairs and brought down another one of her presents to open up. She had a total of 4 presents just that night. And that is not to include the presents that she got the next day. I am not jealous or anything, I do not need any presents, I am just sticking with the popular thing that if you are on Santa’s naughty list you should not be able to get presents, but apparently here, if you eat way too many sweets and candy, you get double the presents of the good kids.
          After we ate, we socialized until around 2 and then I went to bed because I felt a little sick and the others stayed up until around 3. The next day, I woke up late and Kris magically had two more presents that she was playing with. You can see that I was slightly confused. We did not do much that day. Mamá went to her mother’s house early in the morning alone before I woke up for reasons I will again not say. I also made an ice cream cake again for the family. I do not really like making them because Kris eats it all. On Thursday she ate three pieces. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were not anything grand, also. Kris got two more gifts during those days, we ate leftover turkey for every meal, and we started to decorate the house in yellow for New Years. Yellow is the color of New Years here.
          Saturday the 29th, I left this morning to go and buy ingredients for Christmas Cookies that I did not have time to make for Christmas. If you read my last blog, you will see that I had literally no time. Then I checked my internet again, and for the first time in about a week or so, I have internet to right this blog. Unfortunately the internet stopped halfway through the time that I have been writing this and I will now have to upload this another time. Also, on Saturday I made Brownies that I am also afraid Kris will eat.
          Sunday I was really bored. I helped to decorate some more and we went out clothing shopping. On New Years in Peru, parents have a tradition of gifting clothing to their kids, so we went out to try on some clothing that my mom could buy for me. We ended up buying skinny jeans which are really popular. Kris ended up eating two brownies this day. Today, Monday, the 31st, we are going to be making another turkey or maybe making pig, and then we will be decorating the house and we will stay up until about 5 in the morning today. I am also planning on making two types of cookies today.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment