Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Final Exams

          Last Sunday, we did not do much. We just stayed home because my sister and mamá were still in Lima. Monday and Tuesday we spent our last days reviewing for the fourth bimesters exams which started on Wednesday. School is finishing up, but we still have projects. I have a 30 page paper to write for next Wednesday. It is so annoying, because Claudi does not have to write his, but I do because the teacher thinks that I am capable of it.
          On Tuesday, I woke up with the flu, but I had to go to school because I needed to get the information for the tests the next day. I spent the whole day with a couple boxes of tissues and I drank a whole water bottle during the half hour recreo. On Wendesday, my head a muscles felt better, but I still had a runny nose. Again I still had to go to school because I did not want a zero on my exams. I ended up drinking a whole bottle of water during the 25 minutes before we have to go to formation in the morning, and then another during the school day. The only default of doing this, is that you have to go to the bathroom alot which means that I have to go down two flights of stairs to the bathroom and because we have exams, I can not leave during an exam because the teacher thinks that I could go to look up information. Then I have to sit through an entire exam while trying to keep my mind off of my overly filled bladder which is actually one of the topics on the exam for Biology.
          The exams on Wednesday, Civics, History, and Geography, were not that difficult. Unfortunately for Civics, I spent my entire time studying the three branches of government when none of the questions were about them. In fact, there were not questions, only three charts that you have to fill out with the information. I ended up knowing the names of the constitutional organizations, but I did not know the other information to fill in. I just wrote educated guesses like for the National Bank of Peru, I wrote that its primary function was to guard the money of Peru, and for the Public Defense, I wrote that its function was to defend the public. It may sound stupid, but it works better than leaving them blank. History, which I think is one of my hardest classes, was really difficult. The whole test is fill in the blank, true and false, and then time lines and organizers that you have to complete. And there is not just two or three themes, there are like 50 years of history on the exam and about 5 different peoples government and maybe 3 or 4 different wars. It is really unfair what the teacher has to do. It is obvious that in Peru, memorization is taken into account much more than in the states. Geography was not too difficutl. A map part, which is really easy for me, a multiple choice question section, and a read a paragraph and answer the qusetions. This was the easiest test on Wednesday.
          Thursday came with Trigonometry and Arithmetic. I wrote in my other blog that this day was the most difficult for the third bimesters exams. This does not relate to thursday, because Trigonometry is now one of my easiest and favorite classes and Arithmetic is not too difficult. Only formulas to memorize. I believe that I only missed maybe 1 question on Trig and Arithmetic was about the same, but a little more difficult.
          Friday was the easiest or maybe right behind Thursday, because we had Algebra and Geometry.These exams are really easy. I have only gotten one exam back from Geometry this whole year that did not have all 20's, but had one 18. Geometry is the easiest class that I have had because it is just repeating all the stuff I did in the US, and only adding a few things like some formulas which are different in the US. Algebra is a bit more difficult, but it is only about imaginary and complex numbers, so if you know the formulas like i to the exponent of a multiple of 4 -2 is -i, and 2i is equal to the square of 1+i. These formulas are really easy, and the only problem I could of had was if I wrote somthing wrong of forgot an exponent or something.
          Friday night I went to the center to meet up with Claudi to go to a party, but Claudi ended up leaving with his friends to buy something and when they returned, I had left with Lucía to go to a restaurant with two of her friends. We ended up buying drinks and a platter of fries and hot dogs to share. Then Emia, Lucía's friend, ordered what I thought was Fanta, and then Lucía wanted one. It turns out that it was fanta with alcohol in it, and Lucía did not know, so the rest of the night heKrr head felt horrible and she could not remember what were talking about and such. She was really scared that her parents would find out, but I understood that she did not know and so I did not tell.
          Saturday, I slept in and then after lunch, Kris had a party for her school, but I had to take a photo with my family for AFS. I ended up taking it around 3 right before they left, and then fell asleep. I was supposed to take the photo on a USB to the park to give to the AFS director at 5 that day, but when I woke up at 5:10, it was a bit of a dilema. I got in a taxi and drove to the park which was actually not the meeting place because it was changed via facebook and I did not know. I waited there until 6 and then Lucía and I went to a restaurant and got a milkshake. It was actually really good. When Papá, Mamá, Angela and Kris returned from Kristhel's party, we got to open Papá's gift. Each year, the bank gives every employee and big box fo stuff which is more of less the same ecah year, but small things change. This year, he got a backpack, four panetones, chocolates, champaigne, hiskey, wine, milk, jelly, apple sauce, olives, Pringles, crackers, cookies, and a few other things. Most of the stuff we save until Christmas, but the Pringles we ate right away.
          On Sunday, after lunch we went out to the country to see some more places. We went to a church that was older than Peru itself. This church was built by Pizzaro ( I thnk that is his name) before Peru became a country. After that we went to a new supermarket that is huge. It is a lot of stuff, and there was a lot of stuff that was 3 for the price of 2, so my parents were going crazy and we bought a lot of stuff. Then we went to buy bread and Papá and Mamá went out of the car and Lucía, Angela, Kris, and I were stuck in the car for about an hour and then Angela and Kris left to help Papá with somthing, which I did not know what, but it turns out that after another hour later, they returned with this giant stereo that he had bought because the one in the house is really old. Finally we returned to the house and I got to sleep for monday morning with more exams.

1 comment:

  1. ...holy crap your school is intense. I hardly had to memorize anything and we only had like 2 finals. you go, Cam :D

    ReplyDelete