Sunday, September 23, 2012

First week of school

          My first week of school went pretty well. We had a total of 18 different classes throughout the week. After my Trigonometry on Tuesday, I really wanted some easier classes that I could actually learn in. Luckily, my classes on wednesday were really nice.  started out with Physics which was all about megnets. The teacher was really nice, and used a lot of diagrams which were easy to draw in my notebook. Language was next, which was really interesting because there were presentations about verbs. I did not have to do anything, and the teacher is really nice. She helped me with different greetings and slautations for different types of people like teachers, friends, and family. Also, she gave me special homework which will help me with my Spanish. After our lunch break, we had more math, but it stated with Geometry again, which again was really fun and easy, and we finished the day with Arithmetic, which I had never taken before, but was really interesting because it was all about logic and using your brain alot along with formulas.
          Thursday was not much better, but it stated out with English which was really nice. The teacher had me read some of the words so that all the other kids could repeat them. He said that I could pronounce them better then him because I my first language was English. Also, he gave me the choice of helping other kids with English, or translating English to Spanish. That class was really fun and I actually learned more Spanish because when he would say a new word to the kids in English he would give the Spanish equivalent which I often had not heard before. Next was Biology which I really did not like because he had me copy all the homework from the wekk before which I had not learned, and then checked it for a grade, so I do not know how that is learning but oh well. We had our lunch break which was probably the best I have had so far. There was a soccer game between my class and another, so I was excited to play. I sat on the bench to start, but after the other team scored a goal everyone on the siedeline started screaming to get me in the game, and one kid actually pulled a kid off the field and pushed me on. The same thing happened to Claudi, so we both got to play which was pretty awesome. I almost scored a goal too. Our next class was Plan Lector, after the game. In this class we basically read a book the whole time as a class. The teacher even made me read a small section, so that really helped my pronunciation skills even though I was really nervous. The next class was called tutoria which I really don't know what the class is about because we basically talked about goals for the future and what can help and hinder those goals. But the teacher is really nice and wants me to make a powerpoint about my life in the US. We finished up Thursday with Geography which so far is one of my worst favorite classes becuase the teacher muffles his words, and does not write a bunch on the board, but instead has us write what he says, which because of his muffling is very difficult, so I did not get a bunch of notes in that class even though I should have.
          Friday was a short day because Saturday was a holiday called Dia de la Juventud, or Youth Day. We had Biology again, which was not much better then the day before. After that, we had gym which was really fun. We started out doing soccer drills, which the teacher had me help out with because I was good at passing. Then we played a game which I got an assist in. I really like gym class. Angela came and to pick Lucía and I up from school after that.
          My first week of school was really interesting, with ups and downs. I like some classes and did not like others, but either was it was a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment