Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Strange Fruits and more School

          I woke up early again today for school. Already getting up early is wearing me out. We had four new classes today. First was Persona, which was like psychology, then we had trigonometry, and after the break, we had Geometry and History. Psychology was basically a whole lot of writing, and Trigonometry was the hardest math I had ever taken, parcially because all my questions were being answered in Spanish. My favorite class so far was Geometry. I was actually good at it, so I was excited to be the first done with the assignment. Everyone in my class is 14 or 15 except for me, but they are doing advanced work for that age, according to our school system. History was also pretty fun, because I knew all about the cold war which is what we talked about today.
          After school, we went home and ate lunch. After lunch, my mom handed me this little green fruit that looked the most like an avocado except it was lighter green, smaller, the skin was softer, and it was white inside I tried a little of this, and it was at first sour, and then it was bitter and sweet at the same time. Also, the texture was a little slimier then most fruits I have had.
          The next fruit I had, was really odd. It was the size and color of an orange, but weighed over half the weight. Also, the shell was harder, so you could crack it instead of tearing it. Once you oppened it up, there was a little sack of seeds coated in a shell of juice, sort of like a pomegranite, except you were supposed to eat the seeds, but not chew them. You were supposed to sort of drink the fruit. This was the weirdest part. The flavor was fairly good, but the texture was horrible, so whenever I would swallow a spoonful, my gag reflex would jump, and it would almost come back up. Anyway, I ended up finishing it because Lucía dared me to.
          I have to say, the last fruit I had was the best. It was about the size of a really small pumpkin or huge grapefruit, and was a tan color with little purple brown stripes. You had to peel it, and then eat the inside. The texture was that of a pear, but it tasted more like a canteloupe or honeydew. Anyway, This was the best, and I was able to eat it without difficulty. I am going to get up a bit later tomorow morning, because I have had plenty of time these last two mornings. It is really weird, because I can feel that my spanish is getting better by the day, and I am so excited for when I am fluent.

1 comment:

  1. As a former FCS teacher, I love your descriptions of the fruits. It is very interesting and I would love to try them too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete