Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meeting more of the family

          Monday morning is coming fast, so I have to go to bed early for school tomorow, so that is why I am making this blog before dinner. We had another busy day full of activities. The normal sunday schedule was thrown off a little because of multiple reasons. First, Charleys was still here, so we spent the morning with him, and then went to meet papa and Lucía at the club. My dad, works at a bank, so today they had this big event with all the banks. There are a lot of different banks here. Anyway, unfortunately I forgot my tennis racket, because they had three clay courts that I could have played on. Angela, my older sister, said that we can come back another day.
          While at the club, mama, Angela, Kristhel, the little girl, and Charleys, went to the market to get supies for the next week's meals. After we watched tennis a bit, papa, Lucía, and I went to meat the rest of the family at the market, and after looking around for a while, we finally found them. We went home and had lunch. After lunch, Charleys and I played chess. He is really good, but I pulled an old six move checkmate on him the first game, but he was ready the second game. He got my queen early, but made a stupid move later on and lost his. It continued downhill from there, and after a couple close calls, I finally checkmated him again. He left soon after that.
          We decided to watch TV, and Jurassic Park was on, but then Kristhel woke up and we had to change to some weird Disney show where flowers, leaves, and fairies were dancing. I literally almost fell asleep. But luckily we were papa interupted the show to go to abuelita's house. She is the mother of mama, and they wanted me to know her. They had a really nice house. It was pretty big, and they had two dogs. Also, mama's brother and sister were there with one of my sister's cousins. I believe she is 14, but she was studying chemistry, so she must be pretty smart. The family also had two dogs that were really cute. The one was sort of friendly, the other was very scared and barked the whole time, but they were at least dogs that weren't strays, so I was happy.
          On the way home, we stopped at a park, that I had not seen before. It was small, but really cool. There were bridges that you could run around on. We then left and stopped at a barber shop because papa needed his hair cut. It is so different then here. He just walked in without an appointment, and walked out in like 15 minutes. Also, it only cost about 5 soles, which is a little more than 2 dollars. So that was pretty awesome. The whole day was pretty good except for the trip home after the barber shop. Kristhel really wanted to get a treat, but we had some at home, so Angela told her no. She then had a temper tantrum in the car right next to me (talk about annoying). Anyway, I have to get up early so I need to go to bed. Hopefully school will go well tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment