Sunday, September 30, 2012

School and Spanish

          School is starting to pick up tremendously. I have a lot of homework and so much I want to do instead. After my second week of school I can definitely tell which classes I like and which I don't. Also, I can tell which classes are hard out of your mind and which are fun. Trig and Geography are going to be difficult, and the other maths are going to be alot of work. Computers, English, and Gym are going to be fun I believe, and Tutoria and Plan lector are going to be fairly easy. I have to say that Literature is a lot of writing, and Language is difficult because the teacher has me do special things in order to help my Spanish.
          English is a interesting class because the teacher know English, but his pronunciation is not very good. The weird thing is that he has me do everything in Spanish which is directly opposite of what we should be doing. That is the equivelent of me doing all my other classes in english, so find that kind of frustrating. Also, all the other kids ask me a lot of questions about translations and pronunciation, especially right before a test.
          Gym is really fun, because I am good at it. On Friday we had a little test where we had to count how many times we could juggle a soccer ball. I got the third highest in the class with 39, the other two got 40. I also enjoy the games we do. The boys all divide into three teams and play soccer. My team won on Friday. I scored three goals, and had two assists.
          In computers we used this CAD program to build the first story of a house. The program is in english, so I learned it pretty quickly. I really enjoy doing stuff like that on the computer so it was really enjoyable. Geography is really difficult. I have to memorize the countries of Asia with their capitals, population, and bordering countries and oceans. All in two weeks. That will be difficult.
          I actually got some grades back. The maximum is 20 and the minimum is 0, so I don't know how they calculate the grades, but most of the assignments we have had have been ten or twenty problems. In physics I got a 10 on a test that I did not know was a test until he told us to pass it to the person on our right to grade. I had only done three problems out of the ten, so I don't know how I got ten, but maybe some of them were worth more than others. In Lenguage I got a twenty on an assignment about adverbs. I had to fill in the blanks to complete sentences. I also took three more tests last week that I have not gotten grades back on, but I think I did well on them because I knew they were tests. My Spanish is really improving fast, but I keep messing up on the forms of the verbs and the indirect and direct objects. I think I am doing well though. My sister says that I will be fluent in a month and a half, so I hope she is right. She said that I am better than some of the other exchange students in the past years with how they are improving and how much they knew when they first came. So fingers crossed that she is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment